May 29, 2020
Can You Prevent These Email Security Attacks?
Email Attacks are Still the Primary Security Attack Vector
70% of attacks on businesses are from external parties with a financially motivated goal (86% of the time).
Social and malware attacks combined account for 39% of all recent attacks on businesses.
Social Attacks are the #1 Attack Vector against businesses
Fighting Social & Phishing Attacks requires Next Generation Email Security:
- Email and phishing attacks account for 96% of social attacks
- Email is the top attack vector in malware attacks
- Email is also a key method used to steal credentials which are used in breaches 37% of the time
How are Attackers Using Email for Attacks?
Email attacks are used to initiate multiple security attacks:
- Phishing attacks
- Spear phishing attacks
- CEO fraud
- Malicious web links often disguised as web sites you know
- Malicious file attachments
- Attacks may be combined with malicious text messages and social attacks using social websites and phone messages. Attackers often