MFA can solve One of the Most Important and Ignored Areas of Security
Criminals rely on log-in credential stealing as their #1 method to gain access to your systems, data and applications.
MFA (multi-factor authentication) makes logins more secure by requiring two or more authentication factors before you can login. Simple username and password has long been known to not be secure enough.
Criminals would rather steal your credentials than hack into your systems and steal your data. If criminals steal your credentials, they can log in as you and take anything they want or take control of your applications. Your payroll, financials, customer data are all available if they can log into your applications as an authorized user.
The risks of credential theft and breaches are going up
- Containment of the Covid-19 coronavirus is currently mandating that nearly all employees to work from home.
- Even before the coronavirus, more and more employees, contractors and even partners work remotely but still need access to your systems, data and applications using the internet.
- More and more of your applications, corporate systems and data are exposed to the outside world and accessible via the Web. Web access to your systems enables remote workers, but also exposes your systems to anyone on the Web.
- All your corporate applications are moving to the cloud (CRM, accounting, payroll, HR, marketing…)
- Your corporate IT infrastructure is likely in a cloud data center with Web access
- Onsite computers are generally accessible from the Web.
- A very small portion of small to mid-size companies have multi-factor authentication solutions that can prevent credential theft and account access by criminals.
What Can Companies Do to Combat Credential Theft Risk?
1. Use a multi-factor authentication solution (MFA) to add more factors to the login process
- Something you know (password, PIN),
- Something you have (token, mobile phone) and
- Something you are (fingerprint, face)
2. Add MFA to everything
- Windows network login
- Cloud application logins
- Remote worker VPN logins
- Logging into your Network
- IT Department core IT systems logins (firewalls, security systems, operating systems etc)
3. New MFA solutions Deliver on Necessary Requirements
- Easy to Use: MFA can use a cloud and mobile phone enabled solutions that are easy to use and secure
- Affordable: Cloud enabled solution using your mobile phone are affordable
- Usable for almost anything: See above
- Quick to Deploy: eSecurity Solutions helps our customers deploy and manage their solutions